I am currently studying a postgraduate degree in Tax Law at the University of Oxford.
I am looking forward to teaching you!
I am currently only able to offer online lessons. Students tend to prefer this option because it gives more flexibility.
[PLEASE NOTE : I AM VERY HAPPY TO HELP YOU UNDERSTAND SPECIFIC TOPICS AND THAT UNDERSTANDING WILL HELP YOU PERFORM ACADEMICALLY, BUT I CANNOT BE INVOLVED IN ANYTHING EVEN APPROACHING ACADEMIC DISHONESTY.
I AM THEREFORE UNABLE TO WRITE/CORRECT/COMMENT ON SECTIONS OF ESSAYS FOR YOU ETC. **PLEASE STOP ASKING ME. I CANNOT HELP**.]
Lesson and pricing structure :
1. Before every lesson I send a document with the foundations of the topic that you can use. I have found that this helps students with the clarity of their thought and expression when tackling exam-style questions during the sessions and ultimately in the real examination.
2. We start with making sure that the foundations are well established and then we build detail onto that - detail that can be used to hit the First Class marks but that cannot usefully exist independently of a structured approach to analysis which is covered in 1.
3. We attempt exam style questions and work through examples for you to apply your understanding.
4. Anything else you want - I am flexible.
1. Contract Law
2. Criminal Law
3. Constitutional and Administrative Law
4. Tort Law
5. Land Law
6. EU Law
7. Equity and Trusts
8. Company Law
9. Tax Law
* the price shown is for degree law sessions
University of Oxford, Faculty of Law, MSc in Taxation (in progress)
*Distinctions in all but one subject to date (December 2017)
University of Exeter, LLB Law, First Class (2016)
* Ranked in top 5% of cohort overall
* Simultaneously studied English Common Law in English and French Civil Law in French
* Highest First Class on record for French Civil Law
* Ranked 4th in year for Company Law
* I have 100+ hours of tutoring experience.
* I have tutored GCSE, A level and degree level law.
I will make sure you understand the foundations before we move into the complexities of the subject. I am very friendly. If you do not understand something, please tell me and I will explain it in as many engaging ways as it takes.
My aim is for you to get the most efficient and productive lessons possible.
Alex is an exceptionally gifted tutor. He is brilliant, yet humble with a great knowledge of all aspects of the law. He challenges me to focus on difficult areas. He comes to the sessions fully prepared and is very patient with me changing topics before the sessions.
I am reluctant to recommend Alex too highly, in case he is poached by other students! Ian Mc Cabe
Alex is incredibly knowledgeable of his subjects, and is always prepared to go the extra mile. Whether it is improving exam technique or knowledge, Alex is very flexible in tailoring lessons to meet a student's specific needs.
Organised, friendly and patient, Alex will not disappoint you.