If it moves its biology… if it stinks its chemistry…if it doesn’t work its physics… and if you can’t understand it, its mathematics (Quote by Magnus Pyke)
Scientific and mathematical concepts are not always easy to understand. I tutor primary and secondary students from 7-19 years old. Both science and maths are key to enable students to build a successful future. A tutor who can help from concept to completion.
• Help with the transition from P7 to S1.
• Help with building mathematical and scientific concepts in S1&S2.
• Help students pass their Biology/Chemistry/Physics, National 3, 4 or 5 programmes.
• Strong knowledge of the Higher Chemistry and Biology programmes.
• Help students who need additional support in their Advanced Higher projects.
• Help students struggling with self-learning at Advanced Higher.
• Regular homework provider for those students needing more of a challenge.
• Time and patience for students who experience difficulties in education.
• Scientific career advice at all ages.
Education isn’t always easy. I am patient and diligent. Not all students learn at the same rate so I will adapt and think of creative ways to make your complex information easier to understand and remember. Students may have poor information retrieval so it’s important to reiterate concepts and find ways to consolidate knowledge for a deeper educational experience.
I endeavour to become a biology teacher and I work in a high school science department. I have a PVG & child protection training level 1.
I had my very first lesson with Lisa tonight to help me in preparation for a numeracy test for the Royal Marines , and already has made me feel so much more relaxed and able to complete the potential questions I shall face on the day .
Her approach is 10 out of 10 , very patient polite and considerate and keeps the lessons relaxed and fun too , great correspondence , very reliable and generally brilliant at what she does ..... highly recommended!!!
Lisa prepares very thoroughly for her lessons and has lots of good ideas to make learning enjoyable.