I am a trained Primary teacher (PGCE), with 8+ years teaching and tutoring experience. In September 2015 I recently returned to university to expand my experiences and study Speech and Language Therapy. I have predominantly concentrated on this the last 2 years.
I have taught in the UK and many other schools across the globe, including Norway and a highly esteemed school in Switzerland. Most of my teaching career has been with primary school children, yet I have also taught and tutored secondary school pupils and adults.
Areas of specialism:
- supporting primary children to meet their potential in core subjects (Maths, English, Science).
- supporting early reading and writing skills, in-line with the child's school provision - i.e. Jolly Phonics, Letters and Sounds, Letterland, Read Write Inc etc.
- helping students with additional learning needs to access the curriculum, i.e. dyslexia, specific learning difficulty, ASD.
- supporting children with English as an additional language to access all areas of the curriculum.
- working alongside children approaching SAT's and the 11plus to encourage and support the best results possible.
- support those required to complete English competency tests (IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, CAE, or Cambridge ESOL).
- supporting adults whose first language is not English in job and university applications.
During my experience I have gained a range of skills and methods that I believe encourage learning and the enjoyment of learning. I always endeavour to make activities interesting, fun and adapt tasks to the specific needs of individual learners.
I offer a range of programmes, including: assessment sessions; regular teaching sessions (i.e. once weekly); and less frequent monthly sessions, with additional home programmes for you and/or your child to complete between sessions.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.