I am an experienced and enthusiastic biology teacher. I have a PhD in biology, 4 years teaching experience and an enhanced DBS certificate. I currently work as a teaching associate for undergraduates at the University of Sheffield and my application to become a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy is under consideration. I also work as a teaching assistant in a year 5 class.
I can tutor primary, secondary and undergraduate levels.
My approach to tutoring is friendly and informal, which allows students to learn in a relaxed environment. I adapt lessons to the learning requirements of each student, and I am patient and encouraging. I aim to help build confidence as well as improve academic ability.
My teaching experience includes:
- Teaching associate at the University of Sheffield, Department of Animal and Plant Sciences (current role)
- Teaching assistant for Y5 (current role)
- 4 years teaching experience with primary, secondary, undergraduate and masters students
- PhD in biology from the University of Sheffield
- First class degree in biology from the University of Sheffield
- Enhanced DBS check, clear