Hi my name is Georgios and I hold a Mathematics Degree and a Master's Degree in Pure Mathematics (Algebra, Geometry and Analysis) from Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece. I also hold a PGDE since July 2016 from LJMU and I am really passionate about teaching Mathematics.
Through my PGDE training I have worked in different school environments and I also have several years of experience in tutoring pupils of all levels in secondary and higher education.
I always try to locate and address gaps in current knowledge before building up the new one.
I help my pupils build their confidence in Mathematics and train them to think creatively and independently.
I have supported many learners from year 7 to year 13 and adult learners as well with their Mathematical difficulties. I revise constantly my learners’ previous knowledge whilst I build upon the new one. Finally, all the materials that I give are based on exam style questions so that I can effectively build learners confidence leading them to their true potential.
• Excellent knowledge of Mathematics.
• MSc in Pure Mathematics
• Years of experience working with pupils aged 11 to 18 at all levels and young adults as well
• Preparation of candidates for the Hellenic Mathematical Society and for the GCSE and A level as well.
• 2011-2014 part time work experience in “Arithmetica” a University tuition centre in Thessaloniki, Greece. Modules that I have taught: Calculus, Geometry, Algebra, Differential Equations and similar.
• Participation in Mathematical Education in Merseyside (2014-2015 Maths Pop Quiz).